The plan is updated annually, reviewed by staff as well as emergency response personnel, and shared with campus and department staff, and with other individuals who may have a role in the event of an emergency. The plan prepares our staff and students for action and establishes teams, chains of command, and specific steps to take in an emergency situation. We are ready to provide for the safety and security of your children and others if the need ever arises.
As a district, we have in place several programs to ensure schools are safe. These include:
· An emergency response coordinator and district and campus safety teams
· ID badges for employees as well as contracted service providers (cafeteria, bus, etc.), students (at the secondary level), and visitors while on district property
· Visitor check-in software
· Emergency operations plans
· School resource officers
· Security guards (high schools)
· Campus Crime Stoppers
· Safety drills
· For each campus: facility security measures, updated employee emergency call lists, and an inventory of emergency supplies and equipment, and an emergency response team with identified duties
When working together, we help maintain a safe and positive school environment for every child. For additional information, contact Glenda Beam, Director of Safety and Security, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (817) 215-0004.