Battle of the Books
Our 2013-2014 Battle of the Books team came out on top as NISD's Championship Team! Let's get ready to defend our win!
In case you missed it, here is how Battle of the Books works:
1. A list of 10 books is given to interested students. Our library has multiple copies of each of these books.
2. Students are put into teams of six, which read all of the ten books carefully. Teams either choose to have all team members read all 10 books, or they split up the reading.
3. Teams can be from a single grade level, or mixed. The number of teams depend upon how many students participate.
4. Lakeview will have a competition to determine which team will advance to a district Battle of the Books competition. Teams receive certificates for participating.
5. The Lakeview Team will compete against other NISD elementary teams in a district competition to determine which team will be the district Battle of the Books champ. Medals are given to all teams, and a trophy will be given to the winning team.
Want to know more? Watch this link for a fun explanation!
Want to know more about the books? Here's our Battleof the Books TeachingBooks.net page. It's full of great information about the books on the list! Look Under the "Browse the Collection" tab, and scroll down to "Lakeview Elementary Lists". If you don't know our username and password for TeachingBooks.net, please ask a teacher or Mrs. Smith.
2014-2015 Battle of the Books Titles
Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio by Peg Kehret Book Trailer: http://youtu.be/lUurn6y-Y9A
Snot Stew by Bill Wallace
I Was a Third Grade Science Project by Mary Jane Auch
Pickle: The (Formerly) Anonymous Prank Club of Fountain Point Middle School by Kim Baker