- Friday, November 20 - practice for all who can attend
- Friday, December 4 - no practice due to book fair set up.Students will be given questions to take home and practice with a parent.
- Friday, December 11 - final Battle of the Books practice
- Monday, December 14 - Campus Competition in the gym at 8:15
In case you missed it, here is how Battle of the Books works:
1. A list of 10 books is given to interested students. Our library has multiple copies of each of these books.
2. Students are put into teams of six, which read all of the ten books carefully. Teams either choose to have all team members read all 10 books, or they split up the reading.
3. Teams can be from a single grade level, or mixed. The number of teams depend upon how many students participate.
4. Lakeview will have a competition to determine which team will advance to a district Battle of the Books competition. Teams receive certificates for participating.
5. The Lakeview Team will compete against other NISD elementary teams in a district competition to determine which team will be the district Battle of the Books champ. Medals are given to all teams, and a trophy will be given to the winning team.
Want to know more? Watch this link for a fun explanation!
2015-2016 Battle of the Books Titles
The Great American Dust Bowl by Don Brown
The Vanishing Coin by Kate Egan
3. Mountain Dog by Margarita Engle
The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing by Sheila Turnage
5. The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by
The Lost Planet by Rachel Searles
Sky Jumpers by Peggy Eddleman
8. Zane and Hurricane by W.R. Philbrick
9. Quinny and Hopper by Adriana Brad Schanen
10. The Misadventures of Salem Hyde by Frank Cammuso