WHY JOIN THE NORTHWEST TEAM?
Northwest ISD offers all staff an exciting challenge and an opportunity for growth. The districts trustees, administration, and staff are determined to make Northwest the best and most sought-after district where every student is future ready: ready for college, ready for the global workforce, ready for personal success. With a focus on curriculum, capacity building, learning communities, and parental involvement, Northwest is truly a learning organization. To secure a position in NISD is a high achievement.
- Northwest offers a very competitive teacher salary structure with a beginning salary of $48,200.
- Northwest provides many opportunities for staff development in technology, instructional methods and strategies for students of all ages.
- The district provides every teacher with a personal computer in his/her classroom and many opportunities for teachers to use technology as an instructional tool. Proficient use of technology is a requirement and continuing education program for NISD employees.
NISD Quick Facts:
- There are 234 square miles in NISD.
- NISD has over 1,750 employees.
- There are over 19,000 students in the district.
- 14 communities make up NISD.
- There are 27 campuses.
- NISD's projected growth is over 100,000 student within the next 20-30 years.
- There are 52 active housing developments in the district.
- NISD offers 6 Career Academies.