Meal Sense (Free & Reduced Program)

Meal Sense

Application Process Frequently Asked Questions Apply Online

The 2017-2018 Free & Reduced application will be available August 1st, 2017.  You must complete a new form each year.  Old forms may not be submitted.  We are unable to assist with Free & Reduced applications until after the form has been released on August 1st.


Free & Reduced Applications  

*A new application must be completed each school year.*

Click here to apply online. 
Click here to check your child's Meal Sense (Free & Reduced) status
*New or Pre-K students, may NOT show they have qualified for the "Free & Reduced" program until the school completely enrolls the child into their system.If you have multiply children on the program, the child new to the district will not appear with the siblings until the school fully enrolls the new child.*

** Students on the Free & Reduced program may get one Breakfast & one Lunch Meal Deal daily for their free or reduced price.  Free & Reduced prices don’t qualify for a la carte items.  At the High School level, students on the program may get a Meal Deal lunch at Rock Hill, Corner Crust*, Home Zone & Custom Brothers.  These lines may also have a la cart items so be sure to chooses a meal deal.  At BNHS, the Corner Crust line is an a la carte line…pizza is available at the Home Zone.  Please contact our office if you have any questions about which meals qualify as "Free & Reduced Meals"**

A new free and reduced application must be completed each school year.  If your child received free or reduced priced meals last year, they have automatically received the meal benefits for the first 30 days of school. After 30 days, only students who submitted a new application this school year and qualified for the program will receive free or reduced price meals. 

If you have not completed a 2016-2017 Free & Reduced application, please…

Click here to apply online


Complete A Hard Copy Application: Must be delivered to Food Service Department or School Office. They can't be e-mailed.

Click here for English application. 
Click here for the Spanish application.

** If your child is new to Northwest ISD, there may be a delay in processing your child's free and reduce application. Your child's school will have to finish enrolling your child before a free and reduced application can be processed. **

Apply Online
Do you want to make sure your children get nutritious & delicious school meals everyday?

Sign up for Free or Reduced-Price School Meals!
(¿Desea usted que sus hijos reciban todos los días comidas deliciosas y nutritivas en la escuela? ¡Regístrese para recibir Comidas escolares gratuitas o de precios reducidos!)

For more information, click here to view the Meal Sense website or contact the Food Service Office at 817-215-0007.

  • You may apply for the free and reduced breakfast and lunch program any time during the school year. (Pueden completar el formulario de Asistencia para comidas y devolverlo a la escuela en cualquier momento durante el año escolar. )
  • A new application must be completed each school year. One application may be used to enroll all children in the household, except foster children, who require a separate application. (Un nuevo formulario debe de ser llenado cada año escolar. Una solicitud separada para cada niño que esté bajo servicios sociales.Todos los demas niños deben anotarse juntos en una sola solicitud.) If you received free/reduced-priced meals last year, your children will continue to receive meal benefits the first 30 days of school. During that time, a new application must be completed for free/reduced meals to continue.

Application Process

Apply Online
Go to

Please follow the application directions carefully so your application can be processed quickly.

If you have more than one child attending NISD schools, combine their names on one application form.

Complete A Paper Application (Below are the steps to complete a paper application)

1. You may pick up a paper application from the following location.
  • Northwest ISD School Support Services
    1800 Highway 114
    Justin, Texas 76247
  • Applications are available in the main office at your child’s campus.
2. Fill out the application completely and accurately.
  • Please be sure to list the student(s) name, current school, and any other required information as stated on the application.
  • Please list the name and income level of each member of your household.
  • Please fill out all other requested information.
  • Sign and date the application.
  • An application cannot be approved until all requested fields have been completed and signed by an adult household member.
  • If your household receives benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), then your child automatically qualifies for free school meals. Please contact your school to determine if you are required to fill out an application.
3. Return or mail the application back to your school district as indicated below.
  • Completed applications may be returned to the Food Service Department or to your child's school.
  • Applications CAN NOT be e-mailed or faxed.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I get a free/reduced form?
A: You may get a Free/Reduced Form from your child's school.

Q: How do I fill out the form?
A: Detailed instructions are provided with the form. Read the instructions carefully and be sure to fill out all sections. Any missing information will cause a delay in benefits.

Q: Is the form available in Spanish?
A: Yes.

Q: Do I have to provide proof of income with my application?
A: You only have to provide proof of income if you are applying for Pre-k with your child's school. However, families are randomly selected for income verification once a year. Families that are selected will have to provide proof of income or will be dropped from the program all together.

Q: What if we have no income?
A: If you do not have an income at the time of the application we will approve the application temporarily for 60 days. After the 60 days, your child will be dropped from the program unless a new application is filed showing some type of income, food stamp, or TANF case number.

Q: What type of income should be included on the form?
A: Any type of income must be included, including employment income, social security benefits, child support etc. You must report how often it is received.

Q: What if I am still not sure how to fill it out?

A: Please contact Tiffany Rodgers, NISD Free & Reduce Specialist, at

(817) 215-0053 or .

Application Process Frequently Asked Questions Apply Online

NISD Food Service Department/Aramark
1800 Highway 114, Justin, Texas 76247   |  Phone: 817-215-0007   |





In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. 
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:  (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.