Registration for 2016-2017 Prekindergarten is on-going. Students may enroll at anytime during the year.
Information for the 2017-2018 school year will be posted soon.
Northwest ISD Prekindergarten Program
Prekindergarten programs are located at:
Roanoke, Clara Love, Justin, Hughes, Thompson, Peterson, Nance,
Seven Hills and Prairie View Elementary Schools.
Bi-lingual Prekindergarten is located at Prairie View Elementary.
Welcome to the Northwest ISD Prekindergarten web pages. Prekindergarten (Pre-K) is available to Northwest ISD children who are 4-years of age by September 1, 2016 and who meet eligibility requirements set by the state of Texas (TEC Section 29.153e) are eligible to attend Prekindergarten.
The information contained on these pages will guide you through the Prekindergarten qualifying and registration process. Qualifying and registration are two different processes. Both must be completed in full before a child can be placed in a class.
If you are interested in registering your child for Prekindergarten please look over the requirements below. If you feel that you may qualify for this program refer to the links on the left for detailed documentation requirements and steps to making your campus appointment. Qualifying for Prekindergarten must be done in person and is taken care of in your appointment.
Qualifications for Prekindergarten
Child must be 4-years of age by September 1, 2016 in order to enroll for the 2016-2017 school year
Live in the Northwest ISD boundaries and meet one or more of the following criteria
Unable to speak and comprehend the English language - your child will need to come to registration with you for English language testing
- Economically Disadvantaged - eligible for free or reduced lunch program based on total gross household income and family size
- Military - The child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, the child of Texas National Guard member who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
The child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Foster Care -Children who are currently in or who have ever been under the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS)
- Homeless as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302
- Documentation is required for each area of eligibility.
- If qualifying under limited English speaker your child will need to accompany you to registration for English language testing
If you have any additional questions please contact your local campus or Deanne Colley, Early Childhood Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-215-0198