STAAR - State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness
The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR - pronounced "star") replaced the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) staring in the 2011-2012 school year. The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) includes annual assessments for:
- · Reading and Mathematics, grades 3–8
- · Writing at grades 4 and 7
- · Science at grades 5 and 8
- · Social studies at grade 8
- · End-of-Course (EOC) assessments for- English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology and U.S History.
Student Success Initiative (SSI)
Parent Brochure - Understanding Student STAAR Report (English)
Parent Brochure - Understanding Student STAAR Report (Spanish)
Texas Education Agency - STAAR
Frequently Asked Questions
Research, Assessment and Accountability Department
"Northwest ISD is not responsible for content on external sites or servers."