The Northwest ISD Communications Department received 11 state awards at the Texas School Public Relations Association annual Star Awards banquet.
Their recognition serves as the top professional honor for a school communications professional in the state. TSPRA annually recognizes the top professional works in a variety of communications categories with three levels: gold, silver or bronze. Additionally, those winning the gold recognition are entered into a best in category competition. These awards provide recognition for the promotions and projects of school district communication departments across the state.
The team received the following awards:
- Best in Category – GEM Going the Extra Mile Customer Service Recognition Program Logo
- Gold Star – GEM Going the Extra Mile Customer Service Recognition Program Logo
- Gold Star – Inspire Celebration 2016 Video
- Gold Star – Northwest Vision
- Gold Star – The Source Staff News
- Silver Star – Northwest ISD 2016 Annual Report
- Silver Star – Inspire Celebration Program
- Silver Star – New to NISD enewsletter
- Silver Star – Northwest News enewsletter
- Silver Star – Take the Green Cord Challenge video
- Bronze Star – On the Grow Outdoor Learning Center video
The team will be recognized at the district's March 20 school board meeting.