2016-2017 District Contribution, Premiums, Benefit Changes, Supplemental Benefits, and Open Enrollment Dates
- An increase in district contribution to employees by $50 per month. That means the district will cover $325 per month. Currently, the district contributes $275 per month.
- There will be no premium increase for employees and dependents on the Basic and High Deductible plans.
- Insurance premiums on the Core Plan will increase no more than 10% (ranging from $30 to $50 per month based on selected coverage). This is based on the employee contribution.
- To review specific information regarding medical deductibles and specialty drug co-pay, click here.
- By getting your Personal Health Assessment (PHA) by July 1, covered employees who are enrolled in plans with employee only coverage will receive a $25 per month premium reduction. Covered employees and their covered spouse who complete the PHA will receive a $50 per month premium reduction. For more information about how to schedule your PHA, log in to the district's website and go to 2017 Employee PHA Communication.
NISD is committed to minimizing health insurance costs for employees while maintaining quality levels of coverage. A perk available to Northwest ISD employees and their dependents who participate in the medical plan is the Employee Health and Wellness Center. Visits and services provided in the Employee Health and Wellness Center are free to participants in the medical plan. The Health and Wellness Center staff can prescribe certain generic medications that are zero cost to covered participants. The Health and Wellness Center is managed by Texas Health Resources. For more information about the Wellness Center in NISD, go to /staff/wellness_center.
Mark Your Calendars for Open Enrollment - Begins May 18, 2016
Open enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year will begin on May 18, 2016 and end on June 16, 2016. Enrollment counselors will be located at campuses throughout the district during open enrollment to answer questions and assist with enrollment. All dependent information must be verified in the enrollment system. If you do not wish to make changes, your benefits will roll over into the 2016-2017 plan year. The 2016-2017 plan year begins September 1, 2016. Look for more information in your email.
See the chart below to view the approved medical premiums for the 2016-2017 school year. Click here to view chart in PDF form.