Levels and Point Systems
The Special Programs Center uses a campus disciplinary program that allows students to earn points for positive behaviors. As points accumulate, students progress to different levels that provide the students with more privileges and greater responsibility. Students are expected to successfully complete all Levels of the Discipline Management System in order to be considered for return to the home campus.
- Students accumulate points throughout the day, and can earn a maximum of 10 points for each class period. Also, they can earn 10 points for before and after school behaviors, and 10 points for lunch behaviors. This totals 100 points per day. Points are deducted from the daily total throughout the day for violations or infractions.
- Students must earn approximately 83% of the possible points for the period prior to each review date (30, 45, 60, 75, etc. day reviews) to earn a return to their home campus. After passing a review, students must maintain good behavior and produce passing work prior to release.
- Each day, students are expected to return their point sheet signed by a parent or guardian. Students will have points deducted for not returning their sheets with a parents signature. No late sheets will be accepted.
- Students sent to the Student Management Room (SMR) will lose all points for the class disrupted, as well as all points for the subsequent classes that they miss. In addition, two points will be subtracted from their daily total for each incidence of being sent to the SMR room.
- Students who receive a Student Discipline Report Form (involving a referral to the principal) will have 31 points deducted from their daily total.
- Students shall not receive less than zero points for their daily point total.
- Absences (either full or partial day) will not result in a loss of a Level (see level criteria, below). However, no points are earned when a student is absent.
- All students start on Level 1.
- Students must earn a minimum of 70 points to have a Level 1 successful day.
- Students must earn five successful Level 1 days to advance to Level 2.
- Students must earn a minimum of 80 points to have a Level 2 successful day.
- Students must earn five successful Level 2 days to advance to Level 3.
- If students do not earn a Level 2 successful day, students return to Level 1 status.
- Students must earn a minimum of 90 points to have a Level 3 successful day.
- If students do not earn a Level 3 successful day, students return to Level 1 or Level 2 status. The Level is determined by the points earned that day.