Engaging Volunteers, Communities
and Businesses with Schools
The Northwest ISD Partners in Education program provides leadership and expertise for schools, individuals, businesses and community organizations to build partnerships that enhance student success.
The Mission of Partners in Education
To enhance student learning, Partners in Education will create and sustain mutually beneficial relationships between Northwest ISD and the community.
Become a Partner
Did you know...
- The average dropout costs taxpayers $800,000 over the course of the students lifetime.
- Approximately 80% of all Texas inmates failed to graduate from high school.
- TEA has identified over 28,000 students in Denton and Wise counties alone who are at-risk of dropping out.
As members of the Northwest community, we have a vested interest in making sure students in NISD are prepared for a successful future. Studies show that at-risk students who receive the attention, skills, and resources to be successful:
- Have more positive relationships with friends and parents
- Receive slightly higher grades
- Feel more confident about their abilities to succeed at school
- Skip fewer days of school
- Are less likely to address conflict through violence