What is Battle of the Books?
Battle of the Books is a reading competition designed to improve reading and comprehension while building enthusiasm for reading.Students will compete individually and in teams to show their knowledge of ten preselected books.
Who can compete?
Students in 3rd, 4th, and 5thgrades are eligible to compete.
How will the teams be formed?
When is the campus battle?
In January, the Battle of the Books teams will compete against each other to determine the Schluter Battle of the Books team.
When is the district battle?
The district Battle of the Books competition will be held on February 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm at Northwest High School.
What are the Battle books?
1. Athlete vs. Mathlete by W. C. Mack
2. The One and Only Ivan by K. Applegate
3. Rump by L. Shurtliff
4. The Neptune Project by P. Holyoke
5. Wild Times at the Bed and Biscuit by J. Carris
6. I Was a Third Grade Science Project by M.J. Auch
7. Snot Stew by B. Wallace
8. Rebel McKenzie by C. Ransom
9. Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio by P. Kehret
10. Pickle : the (Formerly) Anonymous Prank Club of Fountain Point Middle School by K. Baker
***If you need any more information, or if you are interested in coaching a team, please contact Christa Pospisil at 817-698-3936 or by email at email@example.com.***