The Academy of Cosmetology's Shears of Steele Salon is open to the public
by appointment only, when school is in session.
Beginning September 8, 2015
Tuesday's Afternoon/Evenings from 4-7 pm
Thursday's Mornings 8:30-11 AM
Looking for Academy and Education? Go to the Academy of Cosmetology link on the left.
Interested in cosmetology career projections?
The NISD Academy of Cosmetology, provides students with opportunities to gain significant first-hand experiences and to become certified cosmetologists after a four-year plan of study. Students will engage in trainings focused on business and entrepreneurship and participate in theory and salon curriculum as outlined by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations.
Upon graduation, students enrolled in the Cosmetology Academy will:
- Be certified as cosmetologists upon successful completion of state testing requirement
- Save thousands of dollars in tuition from post-high school programs
- Have significant personal, first-hand experiences that help with employability
- Once students are TDLR Operator licensed, the Practicum Training begins in a local salon and students are released early from the regular school day.
Forecast for a career in Cosmetology
- Employment is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations. Personal appearance workers will grow by 20 percent from 2008 to 2018, which is much faster than the average for all occupations;
- About 44 percent of workers are self employed; many also work flexible schedules while attending college and advanced education courses.