Looking for information about the salon and appointments? Use link Shears of Steele on the left.
The Academy of Cosmetology's Shears of Steele Salon will open to the public, by appointment only, on Tuesday's from 8:45-11:00 am and 1:30 -5:30 pm, and Thursday's afternoon 12:45-3:00 pm throughout the school year beginning on September 16, 2014. Those interested may schedule an appointment by phone at 817.698.5820 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Academy and Education? Go to the Academy of Cosmetology link on the left.
Looking for the application to apply to the Academy of Cosmetology?
New students applying to the academy
(will reopen for second opportunity to apply in January 2015)
Interested in cosmetology career projections?
The NISD Academy of Cosmetology, provides students with opportunities to gain significant first-hand experiences and to become certified cosmetologists after a four-year plan of study. Students will engage in trainings focused on business and entrepreneurship and participate in theory and salon curriculum as outlined by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations.
Upon graduation, students enrolled in the Cosmetology Academy will:
- Be certified as cosmetologists upon successful completion of state testing requirements
- Save thousands of dollars in tuition from post-high school programs
- Have significant personal, first-hand experiences that help with employability
- Once students are TDLR Operator licensed, the Practicum Training begins in a local salon and students are released early from the regular school day.
Forecast for a career in Cosmetology
- Employment is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations. Personal appearance workers will grow by 20 percent from 2008 to 2018, which is much faster than the average for all occupations;
- About 44 percent of workers are self employed; many also work flexible schedules while attending college and advanced education courses.