Summer Class Updates
Cos 1 and 2
Nylynn Basic Facial and Makeup Class August 7, 2014 @ 9 am - 1 pm
(A minimum of 10 students must register for class to make)
Star Nail Class August 8 10am-3pm (Must be paid to vendor by July 28)
Nylynn Lash Extension Class August 6 9am-2pm (Must be paid to vendor by July 21)
Cutathon August 9 at the NISD Back to School Fair 8:30 am- 12:30 pm @ NHS
New students applying to the academy
The NISD Academy of Cosmetology, provides students with opportunities to gain significant first-hand experiences and to become certified cosmetologists after a four-year plan of study. Students will engage in trainings focused on business and entrepreneurship and participate in theory and salon curriculum as outlined by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations.
Upon graduation, students enrolled in the Cosmetology Academy will:
- Be certified as cosmetologists upon successful completion of state testing requirements
- Save thousands of dollars in tuition from post-high school programs
- Have significant personal, first-hand experiences that help with employability
Forecast for a career in Cosmetology
- Employment is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations. Personal appearance workers will grow by 20 percent from 2008 to 2018, which is much faster than the average for all occupations;
- About 44 percent of workers are self employed; many also work flexible schedules while attending college and advanced education courses.