There are two parts to Prekindergarten registration: qualification and registration. Both parts must be completed in order to fully enroll your child in school. This page will walk you through the process for qualifying and registering your child for Prekindergarten.
Answer the following questions:
- Is your child four-years-old or will they be four by September 1, 2015? This is state law. Only four-year-olds can go to PreK.
- Do you live in NISD? Prekindergarten students must reside in NISD.
- Do you meet one of the qualifications listed on the Eligibility and Documentation page? Click here to go to the Eligibility and Documentation page.
If you answered yes to these questions:
- Make your appointment for documentation review at your campus Click on the school link below to make an appointment for a Prekindergarten appointment. There will be a link for the PreK page and/or Sign-Up Genius. Sign up for your appointment. This appointment is your document review. You will be qualifying and finishing up registration. If under the language program your child must come with you for testing.
- Click this link for a list of documents you need to bring to your appointment.
Click the links below for appointments
Now that you have made your appointment it's time gather documentation and fill out some paperwork!
Registration is done online. Click the Enrollment Online icon on the left to take you to the page for registering new students. You will find an online video, detailed directions on how to enroll and answers to questions about the district. Make sure that you click SAVE at the bottom of each page so that if you need to stop and continue later your information will be saved. When you choose Pre-K as the grade level you will see other information pages at the bottom of the page. These are pages you will need to print, fill out and bring with you to your Prekindergarten appointment. One of these forms is the Prekindergarten Application. This is what the staff will use to check off your qualifying and registration paperwork. Here is a link to the document in case you need it.
Once you have completed online registration you must click SUBMIT on the final page. You will receive an email back that may say pending or denied. Don't worry! Just make sure that you read the email thoroughly. You must attend your Prekindergarten appointment and have your documentation reviewed and approved before the registration can be completed.
Gather Your Documentation - See the Parent Documentation Checklist or the link above
From now until your August appointment time please gather your documentation. If you do not have all your documentation we cannot complete your registration. Only students with completed registrations will be placed in a class. We cannot hold places for incomplete registrations.
During your Prekindergarten appointment the campus will review your documentation required for qualifying for Pre-K and for registration.
Please make sure your child's immunizations are up to date by the time your appointment arrives. Many doctor's offices are overloaded with requests for records to be faxed right before school starts and this can delay completing your child's registration.