ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
· Our school start time is 7:45 am. Students should be in their seats and ready for instruction at 7:40 am.
· After 7:45, all students must enter the school through the front office. Students will then pick up a tardy pass and proceed to class.
· For your child’s safety, no students are allowed to be at school before 7:20 am unsupervised.
· Ride Changes: A written note must be sent to your child's homeroom teacher in order for us to change your child's usual afternoon transportation home. A sample of the “A Note To School” will be given to families at the “Meet the Teacher Night”. A printable copy of “A Note To School” is located on our campus website at http://www.nisdtx.org select campus: Nance/General Information/Note to School. No email requests will be accepted.
· For emergency dismissal changes, notify the front office at 817-698-1950 by 2:00 pm if your child’s usual afternoon dismissal has changed. No dismissal changes will be accepted after 2:00 pm. If you are checking your child out of school early (early dismissal), please check him/her out before 2:15 pm. No early dismissals after 2:15 pm.
Thank you for your patience as we work together to create the safest process for our students.
ü Breakfast is served from 7:20 am until 7:40 am.
ü Students need to arrive early, so they can be in class at 7:40 am.
ü All students will be allowed to walk to class starting at 7:20 am.
Beginning the 4th week of school students will go to the cafeteria on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:20-7:45 allowing tutoring time for select students.
· If your child is being driven to school in the morning:
Ø Cars will travel Evening
Ø Eight cars (2 lanes wide and 4 deep) will enter in the drop off zone and will let their children out of the car in the following procedure:
Ø The outside line of students will walk straight to the teacher on duty and cross at the crosswalk.
Ø The inside line of students will exit, step on the curb and go straight to the gym. Staff will be on duty to assist students.
Ø When all students have cleared the zone, the traffic monitor will motion for cars to leave the zone
Ø Cars will exit the zone onto Evening View Drive
· Do NOT let your child out of the car until you are IN the drop off zone which is between the two cross walks. A staff member will be standing at both walks.
STUDENTS WITH PARENTS
· Parents will come in the building through the front of the school and first sign in the office before entering the school. Please allow students to walk independently into their classrooms.
· For safety and security there is no parent entry through the gym doors.
· Bus riders will unload in the front of the school, and all bus students will walk
through the front doors.
WALKERS and BICYCLES
· Students who ride bikes or walk will use the two crosswalks on
The school day ends at 2:45 p.m. Students will begin dismissal after this time.
CAR RIDERS-due to increased number of cars riders there will be three lines for pick-up. We will continue the three-line pick-up procedure until further notice.
The following procedures will remain the same.
· Car riders will be escorted by their teacher to the gym. Students will wait in grade level lines under the covered area. In case of inclement weather students will be called via radio to load the cars waiting in the loading zone. The process of loading and unloading will be the same as the morning arrival. Once all cars are safely loaded, the traffic monitor will motion you forward to exit the loading zone in the back of the building.
· Please have your car visor identification sign easily visible for teachers to see.
· Each child will receive a car visor identification sign at “Meet the Teacher Night” that details the child's name and grade. This sign must be visible in the car visor as you pull into the loading zones. Visibility of the sign will assist us in providing a safe and smooth process.
BUS/DAY CARE BUS RIDERS
· Bus riders will be escorted by a staff member out the front of the school to load the bus.
ON-SITE CHILD CARE
· Students walk with their teachers to the cafeteria to be checked in by the daycare personnel.
WALKERS and BIKE RIDERS-students that ride or walk from school to home
For children not able to walk all the way home by themselves, the district would prefer the child be picked up by car to ensure his/her safety. If a parent chooses to wait for their walker, then parents must wait past school property at the cross walk on either Evening View or Rising Knoll. Please make sure your child know which street to walk towards: Evening View or Rising Knoll.
· Walkers and bike riders will be escorted out the front of the building to the crosswalks on Evening View and Rising Knoll. Parents choosing to wait for their children must wait past the cross walk (off school property) to get their child.
· Bike riders must wear a helmet (it’s the law), and they must walk their bikes while on school property. This is a safety issue and should be discussed with your children.
· It is recommended all bikes be secured with a lock
· For your child’s safety, do not park near the school and have your child walk to you. Walkers are those that walk from school to home.