Accelerated Instruction Requirements, House Bill 4545
Following are Northwest ISD’s primary concerns, regarding House Bill 4545:
- HB 4545 removes local control and decision-making from highly-trained administrators and teachers, as well as from students’ parents in a year in which such decisions are incredibly important.
- HB 4545 hinders students, teachers, and parents from building strong relationships and does not consider the student’s individual needs.
- HB 4545 violates proven Response to Intervention (RtI) practices.
- HB 4545 negates hours of targeted instruction students received in summer school.
- HB 4545 adds undue burdens on already overstressed teachers and administrators who understand the significance of meeting the needs of their students, while potentially decreasing their overall effectiveness.