Why Live Here
Located in the I-35 corridor, Northwest ISD provides residents with many opportunities to quickly reach dining, shopping and event locations across North Texas.
The bustling 27,000-acre master-planned AllianceTexas development by Hillwood resides primarily in Northwest ISD. This development offers plentiful job opportunities in its many business parks as well as exciting shopping and dining opportunities at Alliance Town Center. Closer to the center of the district, Tanger Outlets has proven itself as a popular shopping location, and Texas Motor Speedway hosts racing events and other fun activities.
For those who enjoy travel for either business or pleasure, a quick commute to the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport offers access to both national and international getaways.
Northwest ISD is monitoring more than 100 active housing developments within its boundaries, providing many attractive opportunities for where to live in our district.
Perhaps the most notable aspect of Northwest ISD remains its eclectic home offerings. Spanning 234 square miles across three counties, the district offers upscale new homes as well as homes situated in more rural and country environments. A total of 14 cities, towns and communities encompass the district, providing many living options for those looking to move to Northwest ISD.
The focus on homes doesn’t end with diversity, however – it also includes the amount and scale at which new homes are built. As Northwest ISD increases its total enrollment by more than 1,000 students a year, home builders annually make new developments across the entire district. This pace has kept Northwest ISD among the fastest-growing school districts in the state, recently earning the title of the fastest-growing district by new home starts in North Texas.
Regardless of what families are looking for, Northwest ISD offers a living situation for everyone.
- AllianceTexas: A master-planned development on the I-35 corridor.
- Alliance Town Center: A shopping- and dining-centric business development that is part of AllianceTexas.
- Buc-ee's: An expansive gas station, rest stop and shopping center near the center of Northwest ISD.
- DFW International Airport: The largest airport in Texas, located within minutes of Northwest ISD.
- Fort Worth Alliance Airport: A business-focused airport that provides shipping resulting in quick package delivery in the area.
- Roanoke Dining Locations: Roanoke is considered the "Unique Dining Capital of Texas" for its wide range of restaurant options.
- Tanger Outlets: A shopping center featuring a wide array of locations and venues.
- Texas Motor Speedway: The largest speedway in Texas, located within Northwest ISD, hosting races for NASCAR, IndyCar and more.