Meal Sense (Free & Reduced Program)
 Meal Sense image
We are accepting Free & Reduced Applications for the 2018-2019 School Year! 
Free & reduced-price school meals are provided to students whose families meet certain income requirements.  Apply today to ensure that your child has a healthy school meal.

On July 18th, we will begin accepting Free & Reduced Meal Applications for the 2019-2020 School Year.

Apply Online (2018-2019 Applications)
  • Go to
  • Please follow the application directions carefully so your application can be processed quickly. If you have more than one child attending NISD schools, combine their names on one application form.
  • A new application must be completed each school year
  • If your child received free or reduced priced meals last year, they have automatically received the meal benefits for the first 30 days of school. After 30 days, only students who submitted a new application this school year and qualified for the program will receive free or reduced price meals. 
  • An application cannot be approved until all requested fields have been completed and signed by an adult household member.
  • If your household receives benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), then your child automatically qualifies for free school meals. Please contact your school to determine if you are required to fill out an application.

Apply With Paper Application

  • Online applications are processed faster than paper application.

  • Click on the link below to download an application
    2018 – 2019 Free & Reduced Application, English
    2018 – 2019 Free & Reduced Application, Spanish

  • Applications must be signed or they will not be processed.

  • Completed paper applications may be returned the following ways…

        - E-mail application to

        - Fax application to 817-215-0006

       - Return to the Food Service Office at: 
          1800 Highway 114, Justin, TX, 76247

       - Front office of your school campus

  • Must complete a 2018-2019 Free & Reduced Application.  We don’t accept old applications.

What If I Need Additional Assistance?
Please contact
Christina Day
Office Manager and Free & Reduced Specialist
(817) 215-0053

Check Your Application Status Online

  • Go to
  • New or preschool students, may NOT show they have qualified for the program until the school completely enrolls the child into their system.  If you have multiply children on the program, the child who is new to the district will not appear with the siblings until the school fully enrolls the child.
  • You may submit a Free & Reduced application without a student ID for new students.  Once they are enrolled in the school, the application will begin processing.
  • If your child is enrolled at Northwest ISD the application status is typically available within 48 hours after submitting your completed online application.

Students On The Program

  • Students on the Free & Reduced program may get 1 Breakfast & 1 Lunch Combo Meal daily for their free or reduced price.  
  • Free & Reduced prices don’t apply towards a la carte items.  Prices don't apply to franchise brands: Pizza Hut, Java City, Subway, Red Mango, etc.
  • At the High School, students on the program may get a Combo Lunch Meal at Rock Hill, Corner Crust, Home Zone & Custom Brothers.  These lines may also have a la cart items so be sure to choose a Combo Meal.  

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I have to provide proof of income with my application?
A: You only have to provide proof of income if you are applying for Pre-K with your child’s school. However, families are randomly selected for income verification once a year. Families that are selected will have to provide proof of income or will be dropped from the program.

Q: If my child was on the program last year, do I need to complete another application?
A:  Yes, a new application must be completed each school year.  If you received free/reduced-priced meals last year, your children will continue to receive meal benefits the first 30 business days of school. During that time, a new application must be completed for free/reduced meals to continue.  If a new application is not submitted, your child will be dropped from the program after the 30 day grace period.

Q: What type of income should be included on the form?
A:  All types of income must be included, including employment income, social security benefits, child support, etc. You must report how often it is received. 

Is the form available in Spanish? 
A: Yes. 

What if I have no income? 
A: If you do not have an income at the time of the application, we will approve the application temporarily for 60 days. After the 60 days, your child will be dropped from the program unless a new application is filed showing some type of income, food stamp or TANF case number. 

 Aramark logo
 Facebook logoinstagram logo
Food Service Department
google map220 County Road 4840 Haslet, Texas  
call us 817-215-0007 | Fax: 817-215-0006

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.   To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:  (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:  This institution is an equal opportunity provider.