Raising a child and education are a community effort, and Northwest ISD has many opportunities for community members looking to support students, teachers and schools.
Every volunteer must pass a background check to ensure students are interacting with trustworthy adults. Background checks are required annually, even for those who have volunteered before, to ensure our staff has up-to-date information on visitors in schools.
Please view the programs in this section for more information on how to become involved in Northwest ISD.
- Volunteer: Visit this page to learn about the many ways you can be involved in our campuses through volunteering and similar initiatives.
- Gold Card: Northwest ISD's Gold Card program allows individuals ages 65 and older who are either Northwest ISD residents or relatives of current district students to receive free admission to district-hosted home athletic and fine arts events.
- Northwest ISD Education Foundation: The nonprofit foundation associated with our school district provides teaching grants and student scholarships to support educational efforts of our district.
- Leadership NISD: In the Leadership NISD program, community leaders can learn more about Northwest ISD by hearing from district leadership about departments and programs offered.
- Facility Use/Rentals: Through Facilitron, Northwest ISD facilities can be rented for community use. While not all facilities are available, many activity-based areas, such as athletic fields, can be rented when not in district use.
- Community Folder: Northwest ISD's community folder hosts flyers provided by local businesses and organizations for the benefit of the community. Flyers must be approved before posting on a scheduled basis throughout the school year.