Thank you for joining Leadership NISD! We look forward to a great year full of interaction, dialogue and partnership. The purpose of Leadership NISD is to develop community leadership to support the district’s success, promote the vision of the district and provide a resource for community input and involvement. We hope you enjoy the program and become ambassadors for NISD.
About Leadership NISD
Leadership NISD is an exciting program involving parents and community members in a year-long dialogue with the school district. Leadership NISD allows participants to go behind the scenes for an in-depth look at Northwest ISD. Monthly early-morning sessions focus on specific areas of the district, including operations, curriculum and instruction, support services, athletics, school finance, and more. We hope this program will encourage you to be future members of district committees and teams who make a difference in the school community as opinion leaders. Two former Leadership NISD participants have served on the NISD Board of Trustees.
Members of Leadership NISD are nominated by a campus principal or district administrator for their interest in Northwest ISD. Each campus should be represented by at least one participant in the program. If campus nominees are unable to join the program or additional space is available, the district will consider self-nominated individuals with principal/administrator approval from a waitlist.
Leadership NISD is organized into eight monthly meetings, usually one Wednesday a month.
Meetings are held at the Northwest ISD Administration Building, located at 2001 Texan Drive in Justin, unless otherwise indicated.
7:45 to 9:30 a.m. – meetings begin at 8 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023 (NISD Administration Building)
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023 (NISD Administration Building)
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023 (NISD Administration Building)
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023 (NISD Administration Building)
- Wednesday, January 10, 2024 (Legacy Learning Center)
- Wednesday, February 14, 2024 (Outdoor Learning Center)
- Wednesday, March 20, 2024 (Former Hatfield Elementary/Temporary NISD Administration Building)
- Wednesday, April 17, 2024 (Former Hatfield Elementary/Temporary NISD Administration Building)
- Monday, May 6, 2024 (Former Hatfield Elementary/Temporary NISD Administration Building)
- Note: The final Leadership NISD gathering serves as graduation during the Board of Trustees meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Leadership participants will be recognized with a special pin and certificate at a graduation ceremony, honoring each person for completing the Leadership NISD program. Participants who attend at least six sessions are included in the recognition.