The Advanced Academics Department, in partnership with parents and community, will provide students a premier education, preparing them to be successful, productive citizens.
In the Northwest Independent School District, the Advanced Academics Department provides direction and leadership for K-12 opportunities within the school day and outside of the school day.
Students taking Advanced Academics courses will...
- Focus on completing college goals by taking honors courses in preparation for college-level work.
- Enroll in OnRamps, Dual Credit, and/or Advanced Placement courses that can qualify for both high school and college credit.
- Utilize opportunities for personal growth for college applications and resumes.
- Be provided with opportunities to become thinkers and problem-solvers with real-world experiences
- Participate in courses, programs, assessments, services, and supports that provide opportunities to demonstrate college and career readiness and earn postsecondary credit- this from TEA
- Be provided an environment which encourages divergent thinking, creative problem solving, and higher-level thinking.
- Be provided opportunities for self-directed learning.