FAFSA Graduation Requirement
What All Seniors MUST Know About FAFSA, TASFA, and Opt-Out Options
Starting with the 2021-2022 school year, all high school seniors must submit a financial aid application to graduate. That's right; it is a State of Texas high school graduation requirement.
The good news is that it is one of the easiest graduation requirements.
Review the resources below to help you complete this process with ease.
- Why are we required to do this? (FAFSA or TASFA the Legalese)
- Where can I get help with my FAFSA?
- Is Going Merry Secure?
- How do I log in to Going Merry?
- Where can I watch the Going Merry videos?
- The FAFSA opened on October 1, but Going Merry says I cannot submit it until October 10. Is this correct?
- I have specific question about parts of FAFSA. Where can I find help?
- My parents want to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to connect their financial information to FAFSA. Going Merry requires that they enter it manually. Why?
- I am new to Northwest ISD, and my campus does not have a Going Merry password for me. How do I get an account?
- I have asked Going Merry support to help me reset my password. How long will it take to hear back from them?
- I still need help with Going Merry. Who can I see?