Planning is intentional, collaborative, and reflective so that each student is engaged in meaningful learning experiences. In NISD we develop a clear vision by planning for learning that is standards-based and includes high-yield instructional strategies and assessments.
Northwest ISD teachers...
- use backward design to plan standards-based lessons with clear learning targets that outline student success.
- use resources to plan lessons and strategies to ensure that students succeed at the language and level of the standard while making relevant connections to real-world situations.
- work together in professional learning communities (PLCs) to design engaging lessons, high-level questions, and rigorous student tasks.
- plan lessons using the structure of the workshop model and plan for each piece of the workshop model.
- plan for formative assessment to monitor student progress and guide instruction during the lesson cycle.