Interacting with NISD Social Media Accounts & Pages
Northwest ISD social media pages and accounts are maintained and moderated by the district communications department to ensure comments are constructive and suitable for all readers while respecting a range of opinions and points of view.
Northwest ISD social media pages are intended for informational and communication purposes only. If you wish to contact a specific person or department at Northwest Independent School District, please call 817-215-0000, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.nisdtx.org. Messages to Northwest ISD social media accounts will be returned as soon as possible, but the fastest way to receive specific information from the school district is by phone.
Comments posted on pages or groups maintained by Northwest ISD must comply with the following regulations:
- Comments are not allowed if they include profanity, threatening words, vulgar language, or inappropriate language or content
- Comments are not allowed if they include specific allegations, a personal attack or accusations about a student, parent, employee or community member
- Comments are not allowed if they include private information about a student, parent, employee or community member, including but not limited to directory information, disciplinary issues or personnel issues
- Comments are not allowed if they include offensive language that targets ethnic, religious or racial groups
- Comments are not allowed if they market, advertise or promote specific products or services
- Reporters seeking responses to questions or requests are asked to send questions to the Communications Department through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions as comments
- Please keep comments on the topic of the posted information (if a social media post references a student winning an award, for instance, comments should relate to that topic)
- To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as phone numbers, physical addresses or email addresses in the body of your comment
- Comments cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment
- Comments cannot serve electoral campaign purposes; the district does not post content endorsing or opposing any political candidates or politicians, and it will remove comments that are political in nature
- Participants are responsible for what they post; comments must not breach any law, confidentiality or copyright