Did you know...
- The average dropout costs taxpayers $800,000 over the course of the students lifetime.
- Approximately 80% of all Texas inmates failed to graduate from high school.
- TEA has identified over 38,000 students in Denton and Wise counties alone who are at-risk of dropping out.
As members of the Northwest ISD community, we have a vested interest in making sure students in NISD are prepared for a successful future. Studies show that at-risk students who receive the attention, skills, and resources to be successful:
- Have more positive relationships with friends and parents
- Receive higher grades
- Feel more confident about their abilities to succeed at school
- Skip fewer days of school
- Are less likely to address conflict through violence
As a member of the Northwest ISD community you have the opportunity to make an impact by supporting our students through various avenues!