Approved 2022-2023 Attendance Boundary Changes
As the fastest-growing school district in North Texas, Northwest ISD annually faces overall enrollment growth of up to 2,200 students a year. While attendance boundaries change each time a new school opens, sometimes changes occur when schools exceed their capacity following faster than expected community growth.
Enrollment across Northwest ISD has seen a significant increase during the 2021-2022 school year, primarily in the Haslet Elementary School zone. Though the school just moved into a new campus that increased its size with room for 200 more students than its previous building, it has already exceeded its 850-student capacity.
To alleviate Haslet Elementary, changes were recently approved for the 2022-2023 school year that will affect three campuses. Haslet will receive further relief when Carter Elementary School opens in the Northstar community for the 2023-2024 school year.
The following elementary campuses are the only schools affected by the changes:
- Curtis Elementary School
- Haslet Elementary School
- Peterson Elementary School
The new attendance zones for these schools will go into effect for the 2022-2023 school year; the 2021-2022 school year will proceed with students at their current schools.
Changes by School
To relieve Haslet Elementary and balance enrollment across the three schools, the following changes were approved:
- The Bridgeview community will be rezoned from Haslet Elementary School to Curtis Elementary School.
- Two apartment complexes, Courtland Presidio East and Alleia at Presidio, will be rezoned from Curtis Elementary School to Peterson Elementary School.
To see maps of the proposed changes, click the appropriate links below.
- Current 2021-2022 Elementary School Attendance Zone
- Approved 2022-2023 Elementary School Attendance Zone
Opportunities for Feedback
Northwest ISD welcomed families at the three affected elementary schools to provide their feedback through one or more of the following avenues:
- By attending a rezoning meeting at Haslet Elementary School from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, February 16.
- By attending a rezoning meeting at Curtis Elementary School from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 17.
- By attending a Zoom meeting (using this link) from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, February 22.
- By emailing feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes Approved by Board
The Northwest ISD Board of Trustees approved the final boundary changes at their regular meeting on Monday, February 28.