New Hire Information
The Human Resources Department will conduct New Hire Orientation sessions on the dates and times listed below. We will open additional dates as needed.
Orientations will take place in the Northwest ISD Boardroom, 2001 Texan Drive, Justin, Texas 76247. New employees are required to attend one session to complete their employment.
2023 New Hire Orientation Schedule
|June 6||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|June 8||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|June 13||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|June 15||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|June 20||1 p.m. - 5 p.m.|
|June 22||8 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
Additional orientation dates will be scheduled monthly throughout the year.
Fingerprints and an approved background check are required prior to beginning any employment activities.
Preparing for Orientation
- New Hire Orientation is mandatory for all NISD Employees, the date/time of your orientation is your choice, but you must attend an orientation.
- Complete the NISD On-Boarding Packet, sent to your personal email address from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reach out to HR if you have not received your On-Boarding Packet.
- Submit a photo for your NISD badge. If you are having trouble uploading a photo, please reach out to the Safety and Security Department at email@example.com for assistance. Your badge will be given to you at New Hire Orientation.
- If your position requires a personal technology device, you will be able to pick that up and complete your initial login at New Hire Orientation. Technology staff will be on site 30 minutes prior to New Hire Orientation check-in to issue devices.
- Attempt to login and activate your NISD credentials. An email with instructions was sent to your personal email address, if you have issues logging in, please reach out to our Helpdesk at 817-698-1000.
- Seating is limited to Northwest ISD New Hire’s ONLY; please no guests.
- Northwest ISD Admin Building is not equipped to safely accommodate children in our facility. Please help us ensure the safety of your children by making other arrangements for their care/supervision.
- Business Casual attire is expected.
What to Bring
- YOURSELF in business casual attire.
- TWO forms of valid Identification to finish out your I-9 Documentation. View details for what are considered acceptable forms of identification. We highly recommend utilizing the LINK to ensure that you do not have to come back to the Administration Building to present proper documentation a second time.
- If you have sealed, enveloped, official copies of your Transcripts, you may bring those with you to New Hire Orientation where an HR staff member will open them, scan them, and return them to you.
- If you have official Service Records, please bring those with you and an HR staff member will scan them and return them to you.
- New Hire Orientation attendance is mandatory and you must attend one of the specified dates.
- District issued laptops will be distributed 30 minutes before New Hire Orientation for all Professionals and for Paraprofessionals working in a Special Education classroom.
- NISD will offer several training sessions throughout the summer that require a district issued laptop so it is best to attend orientation at your earliest convenience as district devices are not distributed prior to your chosen orientation date.
- New Hire Orientation is not the same as New Teacher Training.
- If you have any questions, contact Haylee Boedeker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Location & Directions
- Physical Address:
NISD Administration Building
2001 Texan Drive, Justin, TX 76247
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 77070, Fort Worth, TX 76177
- Directions: Take Interstate 35W to S.H. 114 W, follow S.H. 114 for approximately 3.8 miles until you reach our football stadium, take a left at the stadium on to Texan Drive, follow this road until you see the Northwest ISD Administration building on the left, park in the visitors parking in the front and side of the building. Check in with the district receptionist, she will need your Drivers' License to sign you into the building.
Please check out our New Teacher Support Site for helpful support information, important dates, professional learning opportunities, and New Teacher Training schedule.