One-Time Early Resignation Notice Incentive
About this Program
The Texas Education Code allows educators employed under a probationary or term contract to provide notice of resignation without penalty, at any time until 45 days before the first day of instruction for the following school year. Northwest ISD will offer a one-time incentive to eligible professional employees for their early notice of resignation to allow the District additional time to plan for staffing for the 2022-2023 school year.
Download the Agreement for Early Resignation Notice Incentive Pay document.
- All professional (exempt) staff who are currently under contract and in good standing.
- Professional staff means employees currently on a Chapter 21 or Non-Chapter 21 written employment contract. At-will, temporary, or part-time employees are not eligible.
- To be in good standing, an employee may not be on administrative leave in connection with misconduct (alleged or substantiated) or have been recommended for termination or non-renewal of the employment contract.
- Employee must work through the end of their contract for the 2021-2022 school year. The incentive is not available for professional staff who resign effective immediately or do not work through their last duty day.
- Resignation, completed Agreement for Early Resignation Incentive form, and related information detailed below must be submitted in person no later than Wednesday, March 9, 2022 by 4:30 p.m. to the Human Resources office located in the NISD Administration building at 2001 Texan Drive, Justin, Texas. Resignation and incentive forms will not be received by email, U.S. Mail, or fax. Employees who make late submissions outside of this timeframe will not be eligible for the incentive.
- An employee whose resignation meets all requirements set by the District will receive a $500.00 (FIVE HUNDRED AND NO/100 DOLLARS) incentive included in his/her final paycheck for 2021-2022. The incentive payment will be subject to all legally required reductions.
- Eligibility for an incentive payment is contingent upon the employee maintaining his or her employment in good standing and completing his or her assigned contract work schedule through the effective date of the resignation at the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
- The employee must personally hand-deliver to the NISD Human Resources office on or before the Wednesday, March 9, 2022 by 4:30 p.m. the following documents:
- Agreement for Early Resignation Notice Incentive Pay, signed by the employee; and
- A signed and dated letter of resignation, addressed to the Superintendent.
The Agreement for Early Resignation Notice Incentive Pay is available on the District website’s Human Resources page or from the Human Resources office.
The employee’s resignation must be voluntary, unconditional, in a form acceptable to the Superintendent of Schools, and must state that it is effective on the employee’s last duty day of the 2021-2022 school year.
Both documents must be submitted together in person to the Human Resources office by the deadline. An employee who does not satisfactorily complete step 1 may not participate in the incentive program.
- Each completed resignation and agreement will be reviewed for eligibility in the order received. Once approved and finalized, resignations cannot be withdrawn. The decision of the Superintendent as to eligibility and compliance with the plan is final.
- The District will give written notice to employees of whether they are approved to participate in the program. If approved, the Agreement for Early Resignation Notice Incentive Pay will be signed by the Superintendent, and a copy will be returned to the employee. Approved employees will be deemed ineligible for rehire for the next school year.
Questions about the incentive application process should be submitted to Kim Barker, executive director of human resources, at email@example.com or 817-215-0004.