Skip To Main Content

Dr. Anne Davis-Simpson, Judy Copp retain seats on school board

Northwest ISD voters have reelected Dr. Anne Davis-Simpson to the district school board, according to preliminary results. Following certification of results, Dr. Simpson will be sworn to a new term alongside Judy Copp, who ran unopposed, at the May 23 school board meeting.

In the May 7 election, unofficial results show voters electing Dr. Simpson to the Place 3 seat on the board after receiving 2,717 votes for 51.43 percent of the total tally. Stacey Bauer, her sole opponent, earned the remaining 2,566 votes – for 48.57 percent of the total votes cast – in the close race. When Dr. Simpson is sworn in at the next Northwest ISD Board of Trustees meeting, she will begin her next three-year term steering the district’s direction with her fellow board members. Dr. Simpson has served on the school board since 2013.

Dr. Simpson brings an education background to the board as a retired teacher. She has worked in public education at both the K-12 and collegiate levels. She is a lifelong resident of Northwest ISD, attending and graduating from district schools.

Mrs. Copp will also begin another three-year term on the school board at the May 23 meeting, serving in the Place 4 seat. Like Dr. Simpson, Mrs. Copp is a longtime Northwest ISD resident and retired educator. She both graduated from and taught in Northwest ISD schools. Mrs. Copp has served on the school board since 2012.

Votes will be canvassed during a special meeting on May 17 to formally certify election results.

Unofficial Results

Place 3 Election

  • Dr. Anne-Davis Simpson - 51.43%
  • Stacey Bauer - 48.57%

Place 4 Election

  • Judy Copp - 100%
VIEW PRELIMINARY RESULTS
To view preliminary election results for Denton County, click here. To view preliminary election results for Tarrant County, click here. To view preliminary election results for Wise County, click here.