Enrollment surpasses 30,000 students to start 2023-2024
Northwest ISD welcomed more than 30,100 students on the first day of the 2023-2024 school year, hitting an enrollment milestone as the district added roughly 1,500 students to its enrollment from the start of the previous school year.
Based on enrollment trends, the district could eclipse 31,000 students this year. Northwest ISD began the school year on Wednesday, August 16, which also marked the opening of five new school buildings, including three new schools and two replacement schools.
Carter and Daniel elementary schools and Worthington Middle School celebrated their status as the district’s newest schools on Wednesday, welcoming students eager to make their mark and set new traditions. The district’s two schools receiving replacement buildings – Hatfield and Seven Hills elementary schools – welcomed students and teachers excited for more space with their increased capacities.
“While visiting our schools on the first day, I witnessed the genuine excitement of our students and teachers to be back in school,” said Dr. Mark Foust, superintendent of Northwest ISD. “We feel blessed that we get to meet students where they are and have the opportunity and responsibility to change the trajectory of their lives. We had a great first day and expect many more to come in the 2023-2024 school year.”
As Northwest ISD retains its status as the fastest-growing school district in North Texas, families can monitor the progress of plans for future schools on the district’s construction website. In May, voters approved a new bond package to add 12 schools that will provide space for an additional 8,400 students joining Northwest ISD over the next several years.
To stay engaged during the school year, families are encouraged to download the ParentSquare app and set their preferences on communication from teachers, schools and the district. For families of bus riders, the newly implemented SMART Tag Parent Portal will allow real-time tracking of a student’s bus and provide alerts of changes in schedules. Please log in to access this valuable new resource.
Northwest ISD thanks its community for the continued support of its schools as well as the support the community provides for the children of Northwest ISD.
- Bus Routes: The Versatrans online bus-route system, where families can input their addresses to see their students' bus routes, if they qualify for transportation.
- Calendars: Northwest ISD's calendar for the 2023-2024 school year, including student holiday dates.
- CrimeStoppers Tips: Through the CrimeStoppers tip form, students or families can anonymously submit tips about suspicious or inappropriate activity at schools.
- Enroll: Where families who still need to enroll their children for the current school year can do so. Proof of residency and immunization records are required for enrollment.
- Home Access Center: Where families can find student information such as grades, attendance and more. Families can update their contact information in HAC.
- Menus: The Nutrislice online menu system, where students and families can see school meal information for the week.
- ParentSquare: Northwest ISD's communication service, which families can see teacher and school messages for their children after registering with the same email they provided during enrollment.
- School Hours: A listing of Northwest ISD's school hours per campus level.
- SMART Tag: The district's new online bus-tracking system. Families can register for the SMART Tag Parent Portal to receive automated alerts of buses running late.