Group Life and AD&D Insurance Benefits
Provided by Sun Life Financial
for Employees of NORTHWEST ISD – Policy #236245
Employees enrolled in the Medical Plan
- Basic Group Term Life Insurance equal to $15,000.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance would pay an additional benefit, up to the amount of your Life benefit, if you suffer a covered loss due to an accident.
- Benefits are reduced to 67% at age 70 and to 50% at age 75.. Coverage may be ported or converted at termination of employment or retirement.
- If you leave NORTHWEST ISD, you may be able to take your group life coverage with you by "porting" your Group Life coverage or by "converting" to an Individual Life insurance policy. Contact your benefits department for details.
No Cost to You
- Your employer pays your Group Life and AD&D premium.
How to Enroll
- Basic group term life coverage begins automatically once you meet the eligibility requirements and satisfy any waiting period applicable to your policy. You’ll need to designate beneficiaries for your basic life benefits using our Beneficiary Designation form or Group Enrollment form. Check with your employer for the necessary forms and for additional coverage options that may be available, or find the forms you need online at www.sunlife.com/us.