Students & Families
Northwest ISD values its community members, especially the students and families who bring life to our schools. This section of the district website has quick access to important pages and services that assist families. Please be aware the "Find it Fast" link in the top navigation bar, available on every district and campus webpage, has access to the most-used pages and services for families.
- Assessments & Testing: Students across the state and nation regularly take part in important testing initiatives, such as the STAAR test for grade- and content-level assessments or the ACT/SAT for college admissions.
- Attendance Zones: Learn where your child will attend school, either by using boundary maps by campus level or inputting your address into online software.
- Bus Routes: Students who qualify for bus service are assigned to bus routes to get to and from school. This service will allow families to search for their bus route.
- Calendars: Northwest ISD approves district calendars before each school year, with annual holidays and breaks scheduled well in advance for family convenience. This page also has an interactive calendar of important district events.
- Grades/HAC: Home Access Center serves as the online gradebook for families to access their students' grades. If families are not aware of their login information, they should contact the front office of their child's school.
- Menus: Aramark, the district's food-service provider, updates breakfast and lunch menus on this page for students and families to view.
- Handbooks and Guidelines: Students and families agree to the district's Code of Conduct, available in the Student Handbook, during enrollment each year. This documents provides districtwide guidance on appropriate student behavior.
- Health Services: The Northwest ISD Health Services Department oversees health-related matters across the district and its schools, such as state-mandated vaccination requirements.
- NISD Portal: The NISD Portal provides a single sign-on solution for most online programs and services used by district students and employees. Students should use this page to sign into services they use for classes.
- Online Payments: Most online payments for Northwest ISD go through this centralized service. If you or your child has outstanding payments, sign into this page.
- Records Requests: Transcript requests are available to all students, both current and former. As a public entity, Northwest ISD also responds to general requests for public information (information that is not protected by privacy requirements).
- Register/Enroll: Families must enroll their children into school each year. Northwest ISD uses PowerSchool enrollment, providing easy enrollment for families each year, as most information will be filled in using the most recently provided data.
- Support Services: The Northwest ISD Support Services Department oversees important programs and services that benefit students. Some of these programs and services include counseling (as well as mental health and wellness), at-risk programs, 504, response to intervention, McKinney-Vento (homeless) services, pregnancy-related services, Parents as Teachers, homebound services, summer school and Title IX.
- Transfer Policy: Northwest ISD has limited transfer opportunities available and considers transfers on an individual, case-by-case basis for each student. These transfers are guided by district policy and regulation. Transfers are considered during a specific point in the school year, which will be announced to families via email.