Credit by Exam
Credit/Acceleration by Examination for Acceleration WITHOUT Prior Instruction
Credit/Acceleration by examination for acceleration without prior instruction is to allow students to advance in grade level or progress to courses that challenge them without having to take courses that cover information they already know.
- Students in grades 6-8 may advance one grade level in each testing period. Students must pass at 80% or higher on all four core subjects.
- High School Students may advance in one course in a subject area during each testing period. Students must pass at 80% or higher.
- Secondary students (grades 6 – 12) will take two tests for each course in which they are testing. Secondary students wishing to advance a grade will take eight tests total. Students may take no more than three exams a day.
A student in grades 1-5 may be accelerated one grade level if he or she meets all of the following requirements:
- The student scores 80% or above on each of the criterion references tests in language arts, math, science, and social studies for the grade level he or she wishes to advance.
- A parent or guardian approves acceleration of the student
- Elementary students (grades 1 – 5), will take a total of four tests to advance one grade level. Students may take no more than two exams a day.
- Those interested in only math acceleration, please visit the Math Acceleration page.