Credit by Examination WITH Prior Instruction
Credit by examination (CBE) is available for students in grades 9 - 12 who have lost credit in courses approved by the board of trustees (Board Policy EHDB LEGAL/LOCAL).
- 1Students must have had prior formal instruction to be eligible for this CBE.
- Examinations that are used for credit by examination purposes must be approved by the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction or the designee.
- For a student to receive credit by examination with prior instruction, the student must correctly answer 70% of the items on the test instrument.
- CBE shall not be used to gain eligibility for participation in extracurricular activities. A campus principal, counselor, and/or attendance review committee may offer a student with excessive absences an opportunity to earn credit for a course by passing a CBE. In these instances, the passing standard of 70% (see #3) shall apply.
- High school students should contact their counselor for additional information.
- Preregistration and parental approval is required.
- Grades earned through CBE are not included in the GPA ranking. Board Policy EIC (LEGAL/LOCAL).
- There is a Fee for this testing to be paid by the parents/students. After completing the online application, you may go to the districts online payment system In-Touch to process your payment. If you would like to pay by cash or check, print out your confirmation email from registration and take this to your school counseling office to pay for the testing. Testing cost $25.00 per test, per semester. (Ex. If you are testing for English 3 for both semesters, it will cost $50.00)