Credit by Examination WITH Prior Instruction
Credit by examination (CBE) is available for students in grades 9 - 12 who have lost credit in courses approved by the board of trustees (Board Policy EHDB LEGAL/LOCAL).
- Students must have had prior formal instruction to be eligible for this CBE.
- Examinations that are used for credit by examination purposes must be approved by the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction or the designee.
- For a student to receive credit by examination with prior instruction, the student must correctly answer 70% of the items on the test instrument.
- CBE shall not be used to gain eligibility for participation in extracurricular activities. A campus principal, counselor, and/or attendance review committee may offer a student with excessive absences an opportunity to earn credit for a course by passing a CBE. In these instances, the passing standard of 70% (see #3) shall apply.
- High school students should contact their counselor for additional information.
- Preregistration and parental approval is required.
- Grades earned through CBE are not included in the GPA ranking. Board Policy EIC (LEGAL/LOCAL).
- There is a Fee for this testing to be paid by the parents/students. After completing the online application, you may go to the district's online payment system to process your payment. Testing cost $30.00 per test, per semester.